The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43027 - 13/08/08 07:17 PM Re: Whitby instead of RHB ? [Re: Lounge Lizard]
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
Waiwright may have a lot to answer for,but it has certainly helped the lot of the people on the route.
you only had to hear them moaning when the countryside was closed due to foot 7 mouth desease.
a gentleman i met on the way said''Wainwright did not write a route ,he created a business''

#43029 - 14/08/08 03:37 AM Re: Whitby instead of RHB ? [Re: RickF]
Happy Birthday Gregg Offline

Loc: Cotati, CA, USA
I walked the C2C in two trips, on the second I wanted to extend the walk so turned north at the sea for Whitby and the YHA next to Whitby Abbey. Next day I bused up to Staithes and walked back to Whitby, a fine walk. I also had the chance to visit the abbey and to get some great seafood, two of my goals. After an overnight at the YHA again, I walked to RHB and Boggle Hole hostel, then on to Scarborough hostel. A very nice combining of C2C and the Cleveland Way.
By the way, all three of these hostels were excellent.

#43033 - 14/08/08 01:17 PM Re: Whitby instead of RHB ? [Re: Gregg]
BrashersBoots Offline

Loc: Bognor Regis, West Sussex, Eng...
Suppose we could all look at the 'North of England way': http://www.brigantesenglishwalks.com/north_of_england_way.html
as an alternative route. Doing this route will I'm sure have less, if any people walking it. The Fish and Chips are not bad in Scarborough either.. Also it routes through Aysgarth, Hawes etc. These places are more 'Yorkshire Dales' to me than Richmond. Nothing up with Richmond, just that I found the area wasn't rugged enough. Now if this route passed through Ingleton and the three peaks area, that would be some walk!! Unfortunately, it doesn't, but as the man himself said, find your own route.

BB.

#43034 - 15/08/08 09:35 PM Re: Whitby instead of RHB ? [Re: BrashersBoots]
uncle arthur Offline

testing

#43035 - 15/08/08 09:36 PM Re: Whitby instead of RHB ? [Re: uncle arthur]
uncle arthur Offline

Originally Posted By: uncle arthur
testing

#43047 - 18/08/08 02:44 AM Re: Whitby instead of RHB ? [Re: Lounge Lizard]
Mary L Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U...
Going east to west, I had a nice variation by walking from RHB almost into High Hawsker, then taking the path along the old rail bed north into Whitby--a very enjoyable walk, with much Victorian brickwork and fun crossing the splendid viaduct over the Esk. The next day I started from Whitby Abbey and walked along the coast until a bit before the C2C turnoff, and found cross-field paths to High Hawsker which avoided a second walk through the caravan park.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917