The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2884
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1678
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35942 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43670 - 16/10/08 02:09 PM 2008 Feedback update
noj Offline

Loc: London

Hi
Just to say big thanks for the well co-ordinated organisation of our baggage transfer on the C2C trip recently. We really appreciate how smoothly it went along with the transfer of us and our bikes back to Whitehaven at the end. Many thanks.
Catherine & Richard Wandzel C2C Cycle route August 2008
Just a short note to thank you for your excellent service on the Hadrian’s Wall Path 16th- 22nd August. We never saw a driver to thank them directly, but it was a godsend to have clean dry clothes waiting for us at the end of each day. We were walking with two teenagers and for them to be able to take off walking gear and put on “trendy” stuff at the end of the day made a big different to their attitude to taking part in the Walk! The accommodation you booked for us was also excellent and very reasonably priced I unfortunately broke my pelvis a few years ago and am unable to carry heavy bags, so your service enabled us to complete our first long distance trail and accomplish a long-held ambition. I would happily recommend you to anyone and will be looking to use you again on another trail in the (hopefully) not too distant future.
Regards Caroline Entwistle Hadrians Wall August 2008

Dear Sherpa Van, We have just returned from our walk in the Lakes and wish to thank you for the excellent baggage service which was as efficient as ever.
Yours sincerely Gaynor Black

Hi Sherpa, Once again a note of appreciation for looking after us on the Cumbria Way. Everything ran to plan and it was good to know we were in safe hands. We will soon start planning our spring jaunt along St Cuthbert's Way and will most certainly use you again. Thanks
 Bob Clare Andy Burton Cumbrian Way August 2008

Hi, had a fantastic weekend. Thank you for your excellent transporting!!
Maria Sawyer C2C Cycle route September 2008

Hello Di
Just to let you know that Jayne and I had a great time walking the coast to coast. We really enjoyed it - despite the best attempts of the British Summer. B&Bs were great - some particularly helpful - especially as Jayne is a coeliac. More to the point baggage transfer was superb - completely reliable - an excellent service.
Please pass on our thanks to the Sherpa team. We may well be back for ytour help again - any thoughts of covering the West Highland Way?
Graham Lancaster Coast to Coast August 2008

I wanted to send a word of thanks for arranging a really enjoyable walking holiday for my daughter and myself. The accommodation was uniformly excellent and the baggage service was superb. Particular thanks to Richard for being so accommodating and helpful, especially about bringing us back to Ilkley yesterday. I will certainly recommend Sherpa to my friends and will hope to book another holiday with you before long.

Best wishes,
Marjorie Brown Dales Way August 2008

A small group of us have just returned from walking the Cleveland Way using yourselves to take our luggage on route. I would just like to say what an excellent and reliable service you provided.
kind regards
Margaret Foster Cleveland way August 2008

Our recent wonderful holiday walking the Dales Way went without a hitch thanks to the Sherpa van website. We used the site for accommodation suggestions and recommendations and booked some stunning places for our overnight stays. Luggage transfer was faultless. Finally our return trip from Windermere to our car parked at Ilkley using the sherpa van shuttle bus was excellent.
Thaankyou. Christine and Tony Ball.Dales September 2008

Hello,
 We had a great time and even the weather was good. All made better by the excellent service we had from Sherpavan, so I'd like to say thank-you for that.
Could you please confirm that our bill was adjusted from our initial booking of x3 people to the x2 people that actually travelled?

Regards, Andrew Powell

Dear Katy,
We would like to thank Sherpa Van for the excellent service we recieved from them on our recent holiday. It was the first time we have used you and we were very impressed. Please pass our thanks on to everyone involved in organising our trip especially the drivers who promptly delivered our bags to each destination. We will certainly berecommending you to our friends and will use you again in the future.Yours sincerely, Chris & Lorraine Kelly Cleveland way July 2008

Excellent Service thank you!
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 June 2008 08:49
To: Sumler-Hutchinson, Jeanette

Dear Katy,
 I  just returned from my 3 week holiday in England. The highlight was definitely hiking the Dales Way with my daughter. I am so grateful for the Sherpa Van service. It was nice to hike without considering our luggage. Thank you for your reliable service. It was a comfort knowing our baggage would be at our B & B when we arrived.

Best wishes, Lynn Palmer July 2008

Heather / Katy
 Just a quick note to report that the baggage transfer during our holiday went like clockwork, very impressive I would definitely recommend this service to others to use.
I would be grateful if you could pass on our thanks to the couriers involved, I don't think we could have completed the walk without your help.

Regards Grahame Pearce June 2008

Hi at Sherpa Van,

I just wanted to say that everything worked perfectly for my hurriedly arranged trip to walk part of the Cotswold Way, so I was well pleased with your service.
 As an observation, not a complaint, I never did receive the promised water proof luggage tags for my case. Never mind, I worked out an alternative, and had no problems.

Best regards, JohnWoodhouse Cotswold Way June 2008

We recently did part of the Dales Way and used your service. We greatly appreciated your handling our bags and especially giving me a lift to Ribblehead when I got into trouble with my knee. Thank you again. 
Peter Ravenscroft. 26 June 2008
Just a quick note about our latest trip (Great Glen Way 26th to 29th May) For the third year in a row (previously Dales Way and Hadrians Wall) we have used your company. We have experienced no problems on any of these walks, the accommodation has been superb, the bags always arrive and I have nothing but praise for your team. It makes an enormous difference having the confidence that at the end of a long day everything is in hand and all I need to worry about is having a bite to eat and a beer or two Once again a big thanks.
Scott Harding 19 June 2008

Dear all at SherpaVan,
Having recently returned home from the Coast-to-Coast walk (at least the half we were attempting), I would like to say “thank you very much” for your efficient arrangements. The luggage transport worked perfectly, and we are grateful to you for agreeing to pick us up at the ‘Shap roundabout’ to take us to St Bees the first day. Our thanks to the driver and to ‘Steve’ and all the team. We would definitely use your services again! Stephen Hitchcock 18 June 2008

Dear Margaret and all at Sherpa,
Just a quick email to say that it was absolutely magical that our bags were transferred so seamlessly along our C2C adventure last week! It was such a bonus to be given such a reliable service, I'm deeply grateful to you that we didn't have to carry everything with us every day.Many thanks,
Carol Patton 16 June 2008

Hello from Oregon,
Before I go through your Web site and offer my comments on the places we stayed, I wanted to let you know how satisfied Kathy and I were with your baggage handling service. Simple enough, it would seem, to shuttle luggage from point A to point B, and perhaps the beauty of that is how unnoticeable it all was. I did meet your driver on a couple of occasions, and his friendliness told me all I needed to know. Thank you for your part in making our trip beyond memorable (no rain for 11 days while walking).My regards,
Bill Stormont Dales way May 2008

Dear Sherpavan
  We have just completed the Hadrians Wall walk and enjoyed it very much. Many thanks for looking after our baggage, excellent service which we will definitely use again and recommend that others should do so.
  Regards John Bucher

Good Morning Steve,

My name is Vic Smith. I have just completed the Coast to Coast walk (arrived Roin Hoods Bay 30th May)

Thank you and your staff for taking the worry out of extra gear taken on the walk and making sure it was in my accommodation each night i arrived hot and ready to showed and have a fresh change of cloths.
 I have just looked at you site and couldn't see any referance to the walk from Milngavie to Fort William. I think it is called the West Highland Walk? I am very interested in doing that next year. If you dont service the walk if you could recommend who i should contact.

Thank you again Regards Vic Smith.

Greetings,
Just a quick note to thank you all for looking after us during our C2C, without you we would not have survirved the 12 days. We were walking in aide of our local Hospice and to date we've managed to raise £1,700 - pretty good for 4 old guys. I know that some of you have already made pledges to support our charity, if you would like to help us reach our target of £2,000 please visit the link below. http://www.justgiving.com/davesc2c
Many thanks again for the smiles, food, places to rest out tired feet and of course the Pints we just had to drink,
Regards, The Oakley Plodders

Having now completed The Dales Way, I just wanted to thank you for your trouble-free service.
All our transfers were completed in good time which was always a relief at the end of a tiring day.
Thanks again. Roy and Gill Jolley May 2008

Hello Steve,
I would like to thank you very much for the excellent service offered by your Company when we walked the Cumbria Way last week. It was a wonderful week, scenery, weather, everything and all made more enjoyable by your delivering our bags ahead. I can only apologise for one member of the party constantly checking up on the arrangements and trying to change things - there's always one I'm afraid!
I would definitely use your service again and recommend your company to others.
Thank you again Sue SheaRef: Booking 12942

Consultant: Sara Collins
Dalesway walk: Rawson and Mallinders
Dear Sara,
We have just returned from our Dalesway walk which was fantastic. we enjoyed wall to wall sunshine and the most amazing scenery throughout the route. We would like to place on record our thanks for your superb Sherpa servicein moving our cases along the route. Whilst we never saw the Sherpa van, asif by magic, our luggage was waiting for us at every stop along the way. We would like to compliment you on your efficient and totally dependableoperation. All of our B&B hosts confirmed that your driver was a pleasure to deal with and we would also like to send our thanks to him.This was our first experience of a distance walk and we are already eagerly anticipating the next. Rest assured that when we are at the planning stage - a call to Sherpa will be our first move!Kindest regards David Rawson 16 May 2008

I would just like to say 'Thank You' to all at Sherpa Van for a job well done! We enjoyed our walk acros the Lake District and were very happy to have our bag waiting at each stop. Please pass our thanks to all concerned. We will recommend you to all our friends!All the best until next time. Ref 13579

#43679 - 16/10/08 09:55 PM Re: 2008 Feedback update [Re: noj]
SteveInLeicester Offline

Loc: Leicester
Did you get no negative feedback at all, or or are you just printing the good stuff? It would have looked better if, like Ebay, people could see the negatigve stuff too, and make up their own minds.

#51205 - 24/09/09 12:42 AM Re: 2008 Feedback update [Re: SteveInLeicester]
Mike Simpson Offline

Loc: Wigton, Cumbria
Negative stuff?? What negative stuff? I've lead groups on the C2C for Sherpa Expeditions for several years now and I'm setting off with another group on Saturday. In all that time - hundreds of baggage moves - only one has been missed. It is an insanely complicated task and the occasional hiccup can surely be tolerated.

#51221 - 24/09/09 03:41 PM Re: 2008 Feedback update [Re: Mike Simpson]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
I've had no negative experiences of Sherpa.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917