The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44702 - 23/01/09 09:58 AM Re: Change [Re: tim smith]
uncle arthur Offline

Correct Tim, the PEOPLE, no one these days takes responsibility for their actions.

I detest the scum bankers as much as th next man, but they didn't hold a gun to these idiots heads and make them borrow 6 times there salary.

To many average dregs think they deserve a house in the fahionable part of Town, 2 cars in drive way, 3 holidays in the sun and eat in restaurants every night, all on 25k a year.

The big problem is it's the likes of me that end up bailng this scum out of trouble.

Change may be coming to America, but unless it comes to England soon we're all in the mire.

#44703 - 23/01/09 11:57 AM Re: Change [Re: uncle arthur]
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
no even the goverment
borrowing more money to get out of debt.
going in to wars and then leaving to let some one else try and solve the problems.
if as much money that is spent on armaments was spent trying for peace we may get some where
but to many people making money producing arms

#44706 - 23/01/09 12:37 PM Re: Change [Re: tim smith]
uncle arthur Offline

I know what your trying to say, but arms are only a fraction the Gross National Product of any civilised country.

As I see it we no longer make things that other Nations want to buy.This country's greatness grew out of our hard work and expertise.

We made better railway engines, better ships,cloth,china and machine parts than anyone on the planet.

This of course generated real wealth not the bogus bullshit wealth of which we have been living off for the past few decades.

This candy floss wealth, made from the service industries and dodgy bank deal was always destined to implode.

In short these scum bankers, have met their Waterloo.

#44711 - 23/01/09 01:52 PM Re: Change [Re: ]
uncle arthur Offline

That includes, your internet I presume.

If I didn't have so many silly old friends, who dont have a mobile, just land lines, then I wouldn't bother with a land line.

Everyone's ripping everyone off these days, sometimes I think I am the only honest decent bloke left.

#44713 - 23/01/09 02:08 PM Re: Change [Re: uncle arthur]
tonyk Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
This candy floss wealth, made from the service industries

Its always baffled me as to what they actually service? How do you service something when you sit in an office hammering away at a keyboard? "Customer service" is another buzz word of the modern generation.Its almost meaningless unless the person using it is a prostitute.

#44726 - 24/01/09 02:46 PM Re: Change [Re: ]
fiffeshni Offline

Loc: Sheffield
I don't recall this amount of furore in the media with previous american election winners,ok,he's the first black president,why should this make any difference,now surely that is discrimination.

#44727 - 24/01/09 03:48 PM Re: Change [Re: fiffeshni]
Mark Bradshaw Offline

Originally Posted By: fiffeshni
I don't recall this amount of furore in the media with previous american election winners,ok,he's the first black president,why should this make any difference,now surely that is discrimination.

It might have something to do with the fact after years of racial intolerance,an Afro-American has reached the White House. Anyway,I don't see him as being the first coloured President - I see him as the man who not only the USA needs,but also maybe the world. I like him - after all anything is better than eight years of Dubya.
Nimrod

#44730 - 24/01/09 05:09 PM Re: Change [Re: Mark Bradshaw]
Dr.BongoBingo Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark Bradshaw
[quote=fiffeshni]

...the first coloured President

Mmmm....the spirit of Jack Smethurst has been channelled !

#44733 - 24/01/09 06:13 PM Re: Change [Re: Dr.BongoBingo]
Bliss 60 Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Originally Posted By: Dr.BongoBingo
[quote=Mark Bradshaw][quote=fiffeshni]

I agree that the use of the word coloured is unfortunate, but I agree with the rest of the Nimrod's sentiments. I generally quite like the things that Obama has done so far.

#44734 - 24/01/09 06:25 PM Re: Change [Re: Dr.BongoBingo]
Mark Bradshaw Offline

Originally Posted By: Dr.BongoBingo
Originally Posted By: Mark Bradshaw
[quote=fiffeshni]

Mmmm....the spirit of Jack Smethurst has been channelled !

I can assure you the spirit of Jack Smethurst (or should I say Eddie Booth) has not been channelled into me. I say "coloured" as opposed to "black" because he is of mixed parentage. As I say,his colour is immaterial to me - the person comes first,and the person I see I have admiration for.
Nimrod

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917