The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2891
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
35983 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45346 - 19/02/09 06:09 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Dr.BongoBingo]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
Originally Posted By: Dr.BongoBingo
I'd like to assist our "new" member freebird in reminding him of the terms of behaviour ..

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy"

Of his 11 posts 10 are purely
derogatory slights and attacks on one particular forum member and as such this
is a form of harassment and bullying.

Of course I could be totally mistaken but the whiff of NW and the Avuncular One
are oozing out of those eleven posts.
If so, and this gentleman has indeed been deemed inappropriate to the forum, the the moderators should be aware that the poison remains.

In the mean time, I can only paraphrase one of his posts and say that he would be doing the future of this forum a great favour if he was to "go away".

BB x

BingyBongy, With such a defence of 'sea shore sam' against freebird's 'derogatory' comments one might conclude that you are developing a soft spot for her.

#45350 - 19/02/09 10:49 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Lounge Lizard]
Sam Peps Offline

Great detective work again BB.
My hat is doffed - not for the first time.

#45351 - 19/02/09 10:52 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Sam Peps]
Sam Peps Offline

P.S. I don't think it's NW/UA though - having had a read.

#45352 - 20/02/09 10:58 AM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Dr.BongoBingo]
Stottie Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Originally Posted By: Dr.BongoBingo
I'd like to assist our "new" member freebird in reminding him of the terms of behaviour ..

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy"

Of his 11 posts 10 are purely
derogatory slights and attacks on one particular forum member and as such this
is a form of harassment and bullying.

Of course I could be totally mistaken but the whiff of NW and the Avuncular One
are oozing out of those eleven posts.
If so, and this gentleman has indeed been deemed inappropriate to the forum, the the moderators should be aware that the poison remains.

In the mean time, I can only paraphrase one of his posts and say that he would be doing the future of this forum a great favour if he was to "go away".

BB x

Quite so. Consenting adults may get away with abusing each other in private (unless the News of the World photographs them) but the public exhibitionism to which you refer has been tasteless and boring.

#45353 - 20/02/09 01:42 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Stottie]
Janice & Rottie Offline

Loc: Coniston, Cumbria, UK
You know, I hate to admit this but I have decided I haven't a clue who is who on this forum. I can't work out the bad guys from the good. Must be my age.

#45354 - 20/02/09 04:58 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Janice & Rottie]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
The best way is not to rise to the bait, ignore them and they wont have any point in carrying on with their rattle.
Dave.

#45356 - 20/02/09 06:22 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Janice & Rottie]
Mark Bradshaw Offline

Originally Posted By: Janice & Rottie
You know, I hate to admit this but I have decided I haven't a clue who is who on this forum. I can't work out the bad guys from the good. Must be my age.

The good guys wear white hats wink - Hi Ho Silver,and away.
The Lone Ranger

#45359 - 20/02/09 10:44 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Janice & Rottie]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Originally Posted By: Janice & Rottie

The 'bad guys' are the ones who rely on anonymity by not disclosing their Occupation and Location.

#45360 - 20/02/09 10:45 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Slogger]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Originally Posted By: Slogger
The best way is not to rise to the bait, ignore them and they wont have any point in carrying on with their rattle.
Dave.

I couldn't agree more.

#45365 - 21/02/09 03:37 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Slogger]
Mark Bradshaw Offline

Originally Posted By: Slogger
Dave.

Exactly. Feed them with your replies and they get worse. There is enough intelligent people on this site to have a constructive and witty debates.
Nimrod

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917