The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2884
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1679
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35943 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47261 - 28/05/09 02:32 AM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Dr.BongoBingo]
Arial Offline

I don't have a long enough school holiday to manage the trip in one go. So, I would choose a different LDW each section and enjoy the trail. Do you have any suggestions?

#47765 - 16/06/09 04:41 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Harland]
ruth020989 Offline

Originally Posted By: Harland
Originally Posted By: fiffeshni
What sort of comments caused the ban?
I think we need to know how close we can sail to the ban barrier,don't we sea sick sam?
Fiffeshni
(the faggot prick face w****r)

The reason for this message board is to help Sherpa to promote their services and I thank them for the many people that they enable to enjoy a walk without carrying too much on their backs. It is also to enable us to exchange walking information. Whilst this part of the board is for "General chat" I don't see that as a reason for unreasonable comments such as the one that was, in part, reproduced above.

mmmm!!!

Clearly if individuals don't know where to draw the line or how to moderate their language then they are likely to have problems; they shouldn't expect Sherpa to tell them exactly what is not acceptable.

#48355 - 11/07/09 07:02 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: ruth020989]
Redlesweb Offline

Loc: London & Glasgow
Not posted on here for well over a year I think. Walking has become somewhat of a memory since the move to the smoke and hectic job has taken over :-( Pleased to see same old posters posting. Hope to get back into the walking soon :-)

#48368 - 12/07/09 10:34 AM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Redlesweb]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
Originally Posted By: Redlesweb
Not posted on here for well over a year I think. Walking has become somewhat of a memory since the move to the smoke and hectic job has taken over :-( Pleased to see same old posters posting. Hope to get back into the walking soon :-)

That's no good. You should make time for a decent walk every so often. Nobody knows when they will be struck down by sereious illness or worse and not be able to get out at all.

#48410 - 12/07/09 11:15 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Lounge Lizard]
m/ark Offline

Loc: Cirencester.
Yes I agree with lounge lizard, there is no excuse for not having a walk, you should try to make time for one, why not put on your boots and walk around the block, I do when their is nothing on telly, belive me it realy gives me a buz.

#48462 - 13/07/09 12:09 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: m/ark]
Mark Bradshaw Offline

There could be many reasons that Redlesweb can't go walking. I don't get out to do much country walking because of work and sometimes my one day off is occupied with other things. I do try and compensate by walking to the nearest town and back and doing the shopping without taking the car.
Nimrod

#48474 - 13/07/09 01:17 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Mark Bradshaw]
m/ark Offline

Loc: Cirencester.
I am sure redlesweb could take a leaf out of your book, you set a fine example of a dedicated walker.

#48651 - 15/07/09 07:31 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: m/ark]
Mark Bradshaw Offline

Made up for it today with a brilliant,but shower laden walk from Westerdale up to Blakey Ridge,passing Fat Betty,where the sun came out in all its glory and back down to Westerdale.
Nimrod

#48830 - 20/07/09 02:48 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Mark Bradshaw]
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
Originally Posted By: Mark Bradshaw
Made up for it today with a brilliant,but shower laden walk from Westerdale up to Blakey Ridge,passing Fat Betty,where the sun came out in all its glory and back down to Westerdale.
Nimrod

Hi Mark,
did you walk on the road to Blakey Ridge or on the route of the Rosedale Circuit towards Botton, maybe even
straight up the dale then turn of above Farndale.
which ever way you went it would be a good walk

#48833 - 20/07/09 04:09 PM Re: Bad behaviour on this forum [Re: Lounge Lizard]
Redlesweb Offline

Loc: London & Glasgow
Originally Posted By: Lounge Lizard
Originally Posted By: Redlesweb

That's no good. You should make time for a decent walk every so often. Nobody knows when they will be struck down by sereious illness or worse and not be able to get out at all.

Indeed you are correct Lounge-lizard. I've seen this happen to my own sister only this past year so I should really be making the most of life. No more excuses....

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917