The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48590 - 14/07/09 02:38 PM Re: Politics. [Re: Lounge Lizard]
Black Sailor Offline

Originally Posted By: Lounge Lizard

Surely a frank, civilised discussion about the political issues of the day would only be to the benefit of the forum

It seemed a good idea at the time, LL. However, we seem to have ended up with frank and uncivilised. frown

#48596 - 14/07/09 03:14 PM Re: Politics. [Re: Black Sailor]
m/ark Offline

Loc: Cirencester.
It seemed a good idea at the time, LL. However, we seem to have ended up with frank and uncivilised. ///////////////////////////

black sailer.

you are acting like Gorden Brown, changing the subject is one of the spin tricks the the raven Labour party use. do you not watch telly, the house of commons only discuss there own scandles these days, not the curent topics but it is you who is being uncivilised tying to deny people a chance to speak. just thought I would add my view, not personal.

#48598 - 14/07/09 03:58 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: m/ark]
Harland Online   content

Loc: North Yorkshire
Originally Posted By: m/ark
maybe I sound right wing, but I talk common sence.

Can we have a vote on when you talk/write common "sence"/sense? You have been a member on this forum for 2 months "under your current name" with over 200 trivial posts that clutter up the boards. The only thing that surprises me is that a) Sherpa haven't already excluded you and b) some individuals take your posts seriously. If they were funny then I could understand but they are pathetic! Don't bother to respond as I have no interest in any of your postings. Hopefully the message board will revert to good advice and guidance to those who require as well as furthering Sherpa's business interests. If you think that my posting has "over stepped the mark" then by all means notify Sherpa.
Pennine Way 2005&2014; C2C 2006; SWCP 2007; WHW 2008; GGW 2008; Dales Way 2011; Clev.W 2012; Yorkshire W.W. 2012; Offa's Dyke 2013; Peddars Way & Norfolk Coast Path 2014; Pembrokeshire Coast Path 2015: LEJoG in stages 2018: Camino 5/2019.

#48599 - 14/07/09 04:21 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: Harland]
Black Sailor Offline

The wit and wisdom of m/ark: 'the problem is to day women have too much freedom.....I dont trust men.....women have funny minds - better to avoid them if you can.....even if you have aids you are welcome here to spread it about, maybe I sound right wing, but I talk common sence.'

All this, and dogs on wheels and how to kill a rabit [sic] as well. It's a bit surreal - like being trapped in the corner of a bar by the pub bore. crazy

#48604 - 14/07/09 05:06 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: Black Sailor]
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
Harland/Black Sailor, good move.....divert attention away from the original issue.

But don't deride m/ark....he is a product of our society that we must learn to live with as a "democracy". If you can't handle it, don't get near the fire. I fear for the outcome of the next reactionary led election.

To be serious, I agree with you. The current topic has run its course and is in danger of getting out of hand.Lets get back to the reason this web site was first started and leave politics to the right forum.

#48605 - 14/07/09 05:13 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: Oldun]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
Originally Posted By: Oldun
Harland/Black Sailor, good move.....divert attention away from the original issue.

But don't deride m/ark....he is a product of our society that we must learn to live with as a "democracy". If you can't handle it, don't get near the fire. I fear for the outcome of the next reactionary led election.

To be serious, I agree with you. The current topic has run its course and is in danger of getting out of hand.Lets get back to the reason this web site was first started and leave politics to the right forum.

No, Oldun, we can't leave this topic without your thoughts about Arthur Scargill.

#48606 - 14/07/09 05:35 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: Oldun]
Black Sailor Offline

Originally Posted By: Oldun
But don't deride m/ark....he is a product of our society that we must learn to live with as a "democracy".

I strongly agree with that, Oldun. However strange and extreme some people's views may be, as long as they are legal it's better to hear them. We are very fortunate to live in a free society, and freedom of speech applies to everyone - even the pub bore. wink

#48607 - 14/07/09 05:45 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: Black Sailor]
plodder Offline

Loc: England
Thought for today

When did a muslim highjack a plane and say take me to Saudi Arabia?

#48610 - 14/07/09 06:20 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: Harland]
m/ark Offline

Can we have a vote on when you talk/write common "sence"/sense? You have been a member on this forum for 2 months "under your current name" with over 200 trivial posts that clutter up the boards. The only thing that surprises me is that a) Sherpa haven't already excluded you and b) some individuals take your posts seriously. If they were funny then I could understand but they are pathetic! Don't bother to respond as I have no interest in any of your postings. Hopefully the message board will revert to good advice and guidance to those who require as well as furthering Sherpa's business interests. If you think that my posting has "over stepped the mark" then by all means notify Sherpa.[/quote]

Harland please dont get upset, get sence of humour instead.

#48611 - 14/07/09 06:35 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: m/ark]
m/ark Offline

it is amazing, I highlight a few facts about politics and lefty labour supoters who dont like the truth start atacking me with lies and spin.

well Harland, if people like and trust my views then thats their buissness not yours, Sorry if my life expereinces upset you, but having served in two wars and cimbed many mountains around the world, I feel I am very quilified to give good advice on a strolling across a few hills, I will not sink to saying nasty thing about you, I only would deliver that information face to face as I am a man.So be real and lighten up, why would I report you to sherpa van for your post?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917