The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
35984 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50983 - 15/09/09 09:14 PM Re: Hadrian's wall vs C2C [Re: Harland]
landryrk Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Having just finished the walk last week, I would do the following if I was walking it again:

1. Skip the Wallsend to Heddon-on-the Wall day.
2. Skip the Carlisle to Bowness on Solway day.
3. Add the two days saved thusly to visit the Chesters fort, Birdoswell fort, Househeads fort, and do a circuit walk to Vindolanda fort.

This walk was not a "grand" as the C2C but the Roman history was palpable.

C2C September 2004
Cotswolds Way May-June 2006
Dingle Way August-September 2007
Hadrian's Wall September 2009
Essex Way April 2013

#51006 - 16/09/09 01:56 PM Re: Hadrian's wall vs C2C [Re: Harland]
Janice & Rottie Offline

Loc: Coniston, Cumbria, UK
Ha....I wondered if someone may clock that. I haven't even got my head round it yet. In a couple of weeks I am supposed to be helping with a group of people who want to learn the basics of GPS. Although I have had basic training myself I have forgotten it because I really can't ever see myself using one in the future. I just need to refresh my tiny brain so I don't come across as being totally stupid.

#51008 - 16/09/09 03:15 PM Re: Hadrian's wall vs C2C [Re: Janice & Rottie]
Harland Online   content

Loc: North Yorkshire
Originally Posted By: Janice & Rottie
Ha....I wondered if someone may clock that. I haven't even got my head round it yet. In a couple of weeks I am supposed to be helping with a group of people who want to learn the basics of GPS. Although I have had basic training myself I have forgotten it because I really can't ever see myself using one in the future. I just need to refresh my tiny brain so I don't come across as being totally stupid.

Take Rottie with you so even if you do come across as being totally stupid (very unlikely) then they won't dare tell you! smirk
Pennine Way 2005&2014; C2C 2006; SWCP 2007; WHW 2008; GGW 2008; Dales Way 2011; Clev.W 2012; Yorkshire W.W. 2012; Offa's Dyke 2013; Peddars Way & Norfolk Coast Path 2014; Pembrokeshire Coast Path 2015: Land's End to John o'Groats in stages 2018.

#51009 - 16/09/09 04:18 PM Re: Hadrian's wall vs C2C [Re: Harland]
Janice & Rottie Offline

Loc: Coniston, Cumbria, UK
Good point !!!!

#53226 - 13/01/10 08:53 PM Cancer Research - Dog in tow [Re: RaeEllen]
eoghan Offline

Loc: Berkshire
Good Evening Everyone!!

I am new to this forum.

My Mate and I & my dog are for walking Hadrain's Wall in Early May for Cancer Research, as I have had a lot of family members and friends who have died with cancer.

What I am looking for does anyone on here have a list of B&B that would allow dogs to stay or people who have walked with dogs and who knows the area plus any recommendations, we are looking to do the walk in 5 days.

Any advice would be good.

Many Thanks
Eugene[b][/b]

#53303 - 17/01/10 03:56 PM Re: Cancer Research - Dog in tow [Re: Harland]
Reluctanttrucker Offline

Loc: Earth. Usually,but not exclusi...
Originally Posted By: Harland
Originally Posted By: Janice & Rottie

Take Rottie with you so even if you do come across as being totally stupid (very unlikely) then they won't dare tell you! smirk

Take me:That way, if you do come across as totally stupid,nobody will notice.
I don't even charge a fee.
Make sure there is beer.
Yup Mad as hatters.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917