The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48612 - 14/07/09 06:44 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: m/ark]
m/ark Offline

Loc: Cirencester.
Harland

Loc: England
I guess that as I was happy with Compeed I haven't tried anything else. Perhaps I should give it a go. Thanks.
Harland

Harland just hadpend to find this post on the 5 day attempt, yes it is you taking my advice, now what was that you said?

#48650 - 15/07/09 07:17 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: m/ark]
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
Lounge Lizard, so as not to disappoint you I have read the various Googlised history's about Scargil and have penned the following impressions:

Arthur Scargil is a brilliant orator and a fervent Communist who lives only to keep the class war between the “Working Class” and “Capitalism” going and cares little which UK government is in power.

His drive for the rights of the “Working Class” in the face of “Capitalism” took him to Moscow at the height of the Cold War. He subsequently destroyed the Labour Party and brought down the Heath led Tory government.

The era of the late 70’s was a crucial time for the UK when the country was tilting 9/10th on the way to becoming a fully blown bureaucratic Communist State under a weak and divided Labour Party.

The normal people in Britain at that time had become disillusioned with crippling strikes, inflation, devaluation and an incapacitated Labour Party, gave a reactionary landslide victory to the Iron Lady, which gave her carte blanche to meet Scargills Flying Pickets head on and subsequently break the power of the Communist lead Unions.

As with all extremists, his loss, especially against a woman, was seen as weakness and he became ostracised by the very union he then represented as president.

The legacy of his extremism and the British peoples fight against his policies left millions unemployed and vast areas of the Midlands and North financial waste lands.

This was 30 years ago and the UK has moved on……or has it?

Is history repeating it self under another guise?

#48652 - 15/07/09 07:52 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: Oldun]
m/ark Offline

Lounge Lizard, so as not to disappoint you I have read the various Googlised history's about Scargil///////////////////////

not wanting to upset you oldun, but surly you dont belive every thing you read on the web, may I sugest you use political jounals to get your information from, even I could write a website proclaiming author was one king.

#48658 - 15/07/09 09:46 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: m/ark]
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
U r of corse refering 2 author pendragging the famous cornish bard

#48663 - 15/07/09 10:17 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: Oldun]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
Originally Posted By: Oldun
Lounge Lizard, so as not to disappoint you I have read the various Googlised history's about Scargil and have penned the following impressions:

Arthur Scargil is a brilliant orator and a fervent Communist who lives only to keep the class war between the “Working Class” and “Capitalism” going and cares little which UK government is in power.

His drive for the rights of the “Working Class” in the face of “Capitalism” took him to Moscow at the height of the Cold War. He subsequently destroyed the Labour Party and brought down the Heath led Tory government.

The era of the late 70’s was a crucial time for the UK when the country was tilting 9/10th on the way to becoming a fully blown bureaucratic Communist State under a weak and divided Labour Party.

The normal people in Britain at that time had become disillusioned with crippling strikes, inflation, devaluation and an incapacitated Labour Party, gave a reactionary landslide victory to the Iron Lady, which gave her carte blanche to meet Scargills Flying Pickets head on and subsequently break the power of the Communist lead Unions.

As with all extremists, his loss, especially against a woman, was seen as weakness and he became ostracised by the very union he then represented as president.

The legacy of his extremism and the British peoples fight against his policies left millions unemployed and vast areas of the Midlands and North financial waste lands.

This was 30 years ago and the UK has moved on……or has it?

Is history repeating it self under another guise?

Oldun. Thanks for that observation. The trouble with youngsters today is their lack of an attention span such that they might not get beyond your "Arthur Scargil is [a] brilliant .... "

#48665 - 15/07/09 10:20 PM Re: Politics---B/B [Re: Oldun]
m/ark Offline

yes, did you know their are only 500 bards around the world?

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917