The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49044 - 25/07/09 07:04 AM Re: Osmotherly [Re: landryrk]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Loc: Stafford
Originally Posted By: landryrk
So British fried food is more healthy? At least our government has been pushing for getting rid of partially hydrogenated frying oils. McDonalds has some pretty good salads and some of them have been remodelled into McCafe's (bringing competition to Starbucks).

BTW, no McDonalds on the Appalachian Trail.

Yes, of course they offer something healthy as well now and they probably cater for vegetarians too but they would have been out of business if they still only sold hamburgers now.
There are only six of us where I work - I 've never been to a MuckDonalds, one of my colleagues doesn't use them because she says they give money to the IRA and another doesn't because he says they fell the rain forest for farming cattle. Irrespective of whether they might be misinformed or not that surely gives some indication of what Britsh people think of the company.

#49046 - 25/07/09 07:10 AM Re: Osmotherly [Re: m/ark]
Lounge Lizard Offline

Originally Posted By: m/ark
What has walking got to do with sleeping???????????

Here's a good challenge then.
Which of us can be the first to complete the Coast to Coast walk without a wink of sleep ?

#49048 - 25/07/09 09:05 AM Re: Osmotherly [Re: Lounge Lizard]
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
not me

#49050 - 25/07/09 10:16 AM Re: Osmotherly [Re: landryrk]
m/ark Offline

Loc: Cirencester.
To tell you the truth I dont rely care for the american culture, it has effected are own culture with all the human rights we now have, we dont even hang people anymore.

Mc donalds is trailer trash food, yes British food is far much better, we have far much healthier farming methods, have you not seen the size of some of the american people, you would be better spending your time convincing them they need to walk this appalachian trail.

#49056 - 25/07/09 01:28 PM Re: Osmotherly [Re: m/ark]
rainbow Offline

What has walking got to do with sleeping???????????

walking the coast to coast is suposed to be a chalange, why is it you bed and breakfast types think you are proper walkers, it realy enoys me, try carrying some weight and washing in a stream, infact why bother tipping up at all, you might as well stay at home and walk around the block, you ruin it for us backpackers gloging up the paths.

What has "carrying some weight and washing in a stream" got to do with WALKING? Putting one foot in front of the other is WALKING, however much weight or pre-packed lunch you're carrying.

And the C2C is a challenge whether you B&B, wild camp, or do it nude, everyone does it for a different reason and different challenge. But ultimately it is a WALK, not a "camp", or a "carry" or a "wash in a stream".

#49057 - 25/07/09 04:27 PM Re: Osmotherly [Re: rainbow]
m/ark Offline

The c2c is not a chalange staying in bed breakfast, there is a differance in walking 190 miles with weight on your back than with just a tiny daysack With a pre made packed lunch inside it.

the point I am making is you canot say you have done the coast to coast unless you carry your kit, next people will be doing it in a taxi.

if this is how you do it dont say to me you have completed the walk, all you have done is completed the walk while being carried by somebody.

#49060 - 25/07/09 04:58 PM Re: Osmotherly [Re: m/ark]
rainbow Offline

The c2c is not a chalange staying in bed breakfast, there is a differance in walking 190 miles with weight on your back than with just a tiny daysack With a pre made packed lunch inside it.

the point I am making is you canot say you have done the coast to coast unless you carry your kit, next people will be doing it in a taxi.

if this is how you do it dont say to me you have completed the walk, all you have done is completed the walk while being carried by somebody.

That's complete and utter rubbish, and your analogy of doing the C2C in a taxi isn't WALKING anyway.

Walking is walking, whether you carry all your kit or just a bottle of water and a map, if you're putting one foot in front of the other you're WALKING. If you walk all the way from St Bees to RHB, you've completed the C2C on foot, by WALKING.

#49065 - 25/07/09 07:19 PM Re: Osmotherly [Re: m/ark]
Lounge Lizard Offline

To tell you the truth I dont rely care for the american culture, it has effected are own culture with all the human rights we now have, we dont even hang people anymore.

How can we have been 'effected' by 'the American culture' such that 'we don't even hang people anymore' when the USA is still one of only about a dozen countries to have retained the death penalty over forty years after we abandoned it in a bid to be seen as a civilised nation ?

#49066 - 25/07/09 08:17 PM Re: Osmotherly [Re: Lounge Lizard]
landryrk Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Touche, m/ark & Lounge Lizard. And we're doubly cursed for using Sherpavan's baggage service on Hadrian's Wall, our next walk, and for using B&Bs and Inns.

C2C September 2004
Cotswolds Way May-June 2006
Dingle Way August-September 2007
Hadrian's Wall September 2009
Essex Way April 2013

#49067 - 25/07/09 08:24 PM Re: Osmotherly [Re: Lounge Lizard]
m/ark Offline

We might not hang people, but wish we did, but we have all the other red neck culture here from the states such as american football,guns and fat people.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917