The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
35984 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52785 - 11/12/09 07:48 PM Re: Bus from Bodfari to Chester? [Re: Lounge Lizard]
Scott H Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Thats a great idea!
Looked like I was going to be waiting for the evening bus to Chester anyway. Might as well spend the night, finish the walk next day and take the train from Prestatyn to Chester. Plus a £9.50 'half hour' train journey would be better than the bus via Mold wouldn't you say?
Thanks very much Slogger & LL. I'm going to ask my 'providers' to quote on that. Will let you know how they respond.

#52863 - 15/12/09 08:59 PM Re: Bus from Bodfari to Chester? [Re: Scott H]
Scott H Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Well, quite the spread in quotes between the main four providers for 12 nights accom/12 days walking w/luggage transfer, maps/guide books not required (I asked Sherpa but unfortunately they don't do the whole of Offa's Dyke).
Something that I've noticed and would appreciate comment on, though Iíve repeatedly expressed my preference for pubs/inns over B&Bís whenever possible they all continue to list mostly B&B's in locations where I have found, using both this site and the Offa's Dyke Association Accommodations site, suitable pub/inn options. Iím no novice (really LL) and I do appreciate that at some locals it just canít be done, but after a day of solitude on the trail (again, my preference) I do enjoy the company, conversation and 'flavour' found in the local pub/inn. For those of you who have done Offaís Dyke, are the local establishments you've used and/or passed along the way really not Ďreferableí or is there something else at work here?
I would certianly appreciate any recommendations of pubs/inns on or not to far off the trail that provide food,drink, and accommodations.

#52866 - 16/12/09 05:19 PM Re: Bus from Bodfari to Chester? [Re: Scott H]
Slogger Online   content

Loc: West Lancs.
Im not 100% certain on this as we did stay in B&B's but perhaps not many pubs en route offer accomodation?
You dont have to stay in a pub to enjoy company anyway, although if you are meaning with other wayfarers - you may find you are the only one. For a National Trail its not that well walked.
After Monmouth we only came across one other person walking the route and thats because we caught him up. He started a day earlier.
Dave.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917