The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36023 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55579 - 27/05/10 11:15 PM Re: Crowden-Edale-Crowden- shock to the system! [Re: vfrracer]
beefy Offline

Originally Posted By: vfrracer
I have aches and pains that I would expect after walking approximately 30 miles in 2 days, but I have to be honest my feet are blistered and I am hobbling around today...Is the first section really that physically demanding in comparison to the rest of the walk? Bearing in mind we did the section twice in 2 days?

Gotta say if your feet are that bad after 2 days walking with 12 months training behind you then something is seriously wrong with your footwear!
The first section is tough (it's a mental thing) but it's just a warm up for things ahead. Get over the first few days and suddenly that 16 mile stretch at the start seems like a short day when you are hitting 20-25 miles per day.

#55580 - 27/05/10 11:20 PM Re: Crowden-Edale-Crowden- shock to the system! [Re: beefy]
beefy Offline

Some on here would frown at 25 miles.....try 30!choose your own pace....all fear disappears after the climb up Jacobs Ladder no matter what your pace

#56450 - 24/06/10 08:26 PM Re: Crowden-Edale-Crowden- shock to the system! [Re: beefy]
vfrracer Offline

My feet held up to the onslaught!!! and I have to thank Stottie for the surgical spirit tip- think that was the key!!

Thanks for the encouragement, but all this macho competition on daily mileage id wasted on us... our longest day was 20 miles, but we still made it in 19 days with 1 rest day!!How on earth anyone could walk more than 20 miles a day is beyond me so well done to anyon who did/does this!

#56480 - 25/06/10 04:00 PM Re: Crowden-Edale-Crowden- shock to the system! [Re: beefy]
Nick Mac Offline

Loc: Cleckheaton
There is nothing wrong with being blistered on the first few days of the Pennine Way, it has been like this since all the stone slabs were put down.

The first year I walked it I did Edale to Stanedge in one go. Even though I set off in the dark and completed the day in the dark there was not one blister to be seen.

Since then I accept that I will end either of these days with collateral damage.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917