The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58286 - 15/09/10 10:37 PM Re: 5 Day Attempt is on! [Re: flying scottsman]
lightweightmick Online   confused

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
Good luck FS! - hope we get through this unsettled windy spell for next week - hope all goes well for you,
cheers
lwm

#58287 - 15/09/10 10:47 PM Re: 5 Day Attempt is on! [Re: Slogger]
lightweightmick Online   confused

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
Dave you must be feeling well chuffed! - more so when the pain subsides a bit more anyway...
It was such a shame on my attempt to see it slipping away on Day 4. As it got dark on day 3, just 4m short of Shap I felt I could pull it back, but it wasn't to be.
You did really well to keep on schedule Dave - splendid effort mate. I'd got your tweets coming to my phone - you had me/us going after Richmond I can tell you!
very good wishes
mick

#58288 - 15/09/10 10:50 PM Re: 5 Day Attempt is on! [Re: lightweightmick]
slowcoach Offline

Loc: Yorkshire
Originally Posted By: lightweightmick
Good luck FS! - hope we get through this unsettled windy spell for next week - hope all goes well for you,
cheers
lwm

Bit (very) blustery on the high fells today. Quite unpleasant when the rains came as well

#58291 - 16/09/10 03:57 AM Re: 5 Day Attempt is on! [Re: Slogger]
ian r Offline

Been off line for a few days, so just caught up with your successful crossing and would like to add my congratulations. Really looking forward to reading the write up,
Ian

#58296 - 16/09/10 12:00 PM Re: 5 Day Attempt is on! [Re: lightweightmick]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Originally Posted By: lightweightmick
Dave you must be feeling well chuffed! - more so when the pain subsides a bit more anyway...
It was such a shame on my attempt to see it slipping away on Day 4. As it got dark on day 3, just 4m short of Shap I felt I could pull it back, but it wasn't to be.
You did really well to keep on schedule Dave - splendid effort mate. I'd got your tweets coming to my phone - you had me/us going after Richmond I can tell you!
very good wishes
mick

I promise I will do a full report shortly. My feet are my main concern at the moment, I have big holes on the ball of both of them, the nurse at the treatment clinic was shocked at how deep they were and there is very little of skin layer left. It is going to be a week or so before I can put any weight on them, they are fully bandaged. My wife is being an absolute angel, she is not used to seeing me laid up like this.
I am sure there are people who don't understand why we put ourselves through things, that we are well aware can result in problems like this. For me the extreme nature of the challenge brings extreme satisfaction, not only in the success but also in the trying. As Mick says you reach that inner strength, that until you attempt something similar, you will never discover.
Re: After Richmond - There wasn't going to be anymore after there, I had reluctantly decided to abandon, but by a fluke, searched the depths and carried on.
Dave.

#58297 - 16/09/10 12:18 PM Re: 5 Day Attempt is on! [Re: Slogger]
walkanddrink Offline

Loc: Blackpool
Dave, just think of the achievement to try and dull the pain, that and the alcohol! I'm sure you'll be back on your feet soon and planning your next excursion.

#58301 - 16/09/10 03:49 PM Re: 5 Day Attempt is on! [Re: Slogger]
ian r Offline

Dave- I am really interested in your thinking about the crossing- were you a "purist" sticking as far as poss to AWs original route? Did you allow yourself any shortcuts ? What were the conditions you set yourself ? I appreciate that you probably just want to rest right now but when you do the write up could you include a few thoughts on that side of it?

Many thanks and well done again,

Ian

#58310 - 17/09/10 01:56 PM Re: 5 Day Attempt is on! [Re: ian r]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Yes Ian I will include those thoughts.
Dave.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917