The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#59750 - 05/02/11 04:51 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Reluctanttrucker]
Reluctanttrucker Offline

Loc: Earth. Usually,but not exclusi...
GUV!
Yup Mad as hatters.

#59751 - 05/02/11 04:57 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Reluctanttrucker]
tonyk Offline

Loc: UK
Glad to hear you are okay,Dave.If you have got his insurance details you can put in a personal injury claim and also claim for loss of earnings.Make sure your GP signs you off sick so you have some proof that you are unable to work.

#59754 - 05/02/11 08:20 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: tonyk]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Thanks RT and Tony,
My solicitor is on the case now, he thinks it is an 'open and shut case' as it ought to be.
The very shape of the junction means that even if he had taken the widest arc into the junction instead of cutting it, I would have to have been a good 4 or 5 paces into the road in order for him to collide with me. I estimate I was 12 or 13 paces into the road.
Once papers have been sent to his insurance, a new rule by the Ministry of Justice gives them just 3 weeks to reply (instead of 3 months) accepting or denying liability.
Meanwhile I have had to go go back to work, although the 3 jobs I have completed were done in substantial discomfort generally, with sheer agony at the base of my Spine every time I stoop forward. Unfortunately the nature of my job puts me in that position most of the time. I'm just hoping that I am not damaging myself more or prolonging the healing.
Loss of earnings recovery is one thing, but many of my business expenses like advertising, telephone, insurance etc are ongoing and still have to be paid whether I am working or not and these cannot be recovered as they come out of turnover not earnings.
It's a mess and I am unable to go for a simple walk to unload some of the frustration.
Don't worry though, I will get through it and come out the other side. I have already decided that as I have somehow lost all my photos of Cumbria's Furness Way, I will do that again, only the other way round early Spring if possible.
Dave.

#59755 - 05/02/11 09:09 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Slogger]
Geo Offline

Loc: Oamaru, New Zealand
Slogger,
Just wandered in and read this thread and would like to add my sympathies. Can just imagine the frustration of the enforced inactivity to a 'footslogger' such as yourself, let alone the attendant costs. Top marks for the vertical take-off under pressure though - visions of a Harrier jump jet spring to mind!
Anyhow, very best wishes for the back, and may you be stooping to lace boots and heft packs before too long.
George.

#59756 - 05/02/11 09:30 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Geo]
Reluctanttrucker Offline

Loss of earnings = 1000000
Losss of sense of humour= priceless.
Glad you still have it.
A really heartfelt wish for your complete recovery.
Then,

TAKE IM TO DA CLEANERS GUV!!!
Yup Mad as hatters.

#59784 - 07/02/11 10:11 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Reluctanttrucker]
Reluctanttrucker Offline

Unfortunately the nature of my job puts me in that position most of the time.

I hope there are no sheep involved.
Could get messy.
Yup Mad as hatters.

#59790 - 08/02/11 05:30 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Reluctanttrucker]
Slogger Offline

Originally Posted By: Reluctanttrucker
Unfortunately the nature of my job puts me in that position most of the time.

I hope there are no sheep involved.
Could get messy.

They should be so lucky and no I don't wear wellies.

Looks like the Doc may at last have got me going again, not pain free but much better. He agrees that my main problem seems to be Tendinitis or strained Ligaments at my Sacrum area.
The Diclofenac did a good job but were not effective with the acute pain problems, so he has put me on Naproxen, which has enabled me to work more comfortably today.
I saw the driver in our local shop last Sunday. I was so tempted to thank him for not even bothering to inquire as to how I was, at the time of the collision or since, but thought better of it as it's now in the hands of the Legal Eagles.
Dave.

#59801 - 09/02/11 04:26 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Slogger]
Reluctanttrucker Offline

Like I said.
TAKE IM TO DA CLEANERS!

GUV!
Yup Mad as hatters.

#59803 - 09/02/11 06:01 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Reluctanttrucker]
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
Slogger. When you are going through the legal things be aware that the injuries you have received may heal up fairly quickly now, but some years down the line you may inherit hip disorders or other joint problems. Do not wish to be morbid, but it is something you should look at.

#59809 - 09/02/11 06:26 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Oldun]
Slogger Offline

Originally Posted By: Oldun
Slogger. When you are going through the legal things be aware that the injuries you have received may heal up fairly quickly now, but some years down the line you may inherit hip disorders or other joint problems. Do not wish to be morbid, but it is something you should look at.

Yes I am aware of that, but that delays thing considerably and at the end of the day as far as a claim is concerned it's down to what the consultant doing the report says. Although thanks for the reminder, I will mention it to him when the time comes.
Dave.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917