The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#59854 - 11/02/11 09:27 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Slogger]
Reluctanttrucker Offline

Loc: Earth. Usually,but not exclusi...
I dunno.
Ya turn ya back fer a minit an Chorley becomes the crime capital of the world.

Never mind,"Look before you leap".
More like,"Leap before the bumper gets too close"
Yup Mad as hatters.

#59910 - 15/02/11 04:16 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Reluctanttrucker]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Well, last Sunday had a really bad day. Awoke and could hardly move, rolled out of bed then bending to get socks on or lift my legs high enough to put my trousers on was impossible. Managed it with help, my whole back about to fall apart at any time. Agonising teetering walk to the shops had me exhausted by the time I got back home.
Made an appointment with the local out of hours emergency surgery and low and behold saw my own GP there. Back muscles totally in spasm, triggered from my Sacroiliac joint, left side.
Prescribed Diazapam, otherwise known a vallium, a great muscle relaxant.
Awoke Monday morning, what a difference, completed two jobs with only minor discomfort. Took medication after getting home, I didn't want to drive whilst on their full effects.
Two more jobs today after taking just an anti inflammatory and at last beginning to feel something like right.
I realise medication still in my system may be disguising problems, but just being able to move something like normal feels great, so i might make this weekend at Gillerthwaite after all, fingers crossed!
Dave.

#59912 - 15/02/11 07:29 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Slogger]
Les + Heidi Offline

Loc: hertfordshire
Nice one Dave, hope your back to full fitness soon, sounds like things are going in the right direction at last.
Les

#59921 - 16/02/11 07:24 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Les + Heidi]
Slogger Offline

Thanks Les. Yeah things (fingers crossed) have changed dramatically since last Sunday. I managed almost a full days work today on just a couple of Nurofen tablets, and the flexibility is almost back to normal.
I have decided that I am going to Gillerthwaite this weekend, its going to get rather wintery again by the sound of things.
Dave.

#59923 - 16/02/11 09:50 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Slogger]
runnerbeen Offline

Loc: Boston, Lincolnshire
I've just picked up on your alarming injury thread Dave and wish you a speedy recovery and successful compensation.
Perhaps the Gillerthwaite visit - getting out in the Lakes; camaraderie etc -will be the good psychological boost you need, whatever the weather.
Good luck
Ray

#59931 - 17/02/11 11:36 AM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Slogger]
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
I'm sure your mates would rather you be there, and perhaps prepared to go a bit steadier maybe. Good to hear you're getting back in shape!
cheers
mick

#59984 - 20/02/11 08:07 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: lightweightmick]
joyce taylor Offline

Loc: byrness village
Before we bought Forest View, Colin and I were carpet fitters I have lost count of the number of people who only got their carpets fitted courtesy of Naproxen.Hope to-day has been a good one.
#1 place to stay in Byrness (tripadvisor)

#60007 - 23/02/11 07:39 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: joyce taylor]
Slogger Offline

I went to Gillerthwaite. i usually go up early morning on the Friday and have a good walk then wait for everyone to arrive that evening.
This time however myself and my two pals who I traveled up with in the evening were the last to arrive.
Sorted out my bunk and took a beer to meet the others already in the lounge. I was surprised to get a big cheer as I entered the room, Not wanting to bore them all with the details I just told them I was okay, and that I had a challenging walk in mind for them all on the Saturday.
I hadn't really, well not that challenging anyway.
We walked up the forest track to the little slanting path that takes you up to Scarth Gap, then on to Haystacks. A brief stop for a bite to eat and onward to the top of Loft Beck.
Out of the 20 in the group 14 headed back via the Loft beck descent and Forest track. 6 of us carried on through fresh snow, deep in places on to Brandreth, then Green Gable.
During the descent back towards Black Sail Hut, I got a bad attack of the 'Old Mans Cramp', up the inside of the thighs.
Very difficult to stretch out, so kept having to stop and wait for the worst to pass. By the time I reached the Hut, the others apart from my mate who stayed with me were long gone.
I am usually one of the first back but this time i was last.
One of the girls wanted to send a car back up the track to get me. I'm glad they persuaded her not to, as I wouldn't have got in it, despite her caring intentions.
I'm not worried about these cramps I always get them early on in the year during my initial outings, its my body telling me I'm not fit enough to do what I am doing at the moment.
Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend as did everyone and raring to go again now.
dave.

#60009 - 24/02/11 09:12 AM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Slogger]
Les + Heidi Offline

Loc: hertfordshire
Good on ya Dave, glad to see you back in the saddle again. It wont be long until your dreaming about another 5 day'er lol
All the best best.
Les

#60010 - 24/02/11 11:00 AM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Les + Heidi]
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
...or nightmares Les..?
anyway, good to hear you're getting going again Dave,
best of
mick

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917