The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2892
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1690
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3452 Topics
36002 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#60055 - 27/02/11 08:43 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: slowcoach]
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
what..? you naked or she?

#60056 - 27/02/11 08:44 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: lightweightmick]
lightweightmick Offline

...or something else... do tell!

#60057 - 28/02/11 09:38 AM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: lightweightmick]
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
You can't leave it hanging in the air like that.........

What religious rite....?

Which part of the ritual had she arrived at...?

What was the dress code for the rite....?

What were her first words in your presence.........?

#60062 - 28/02/11 08:49 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Oldun]
lightweightmick Offline

...either OMG! ...or a saucy smile by sound of it

#60090 - 01/03/11 08:55 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: lightweightmick]
slowcoach Offline

Loc: Yorkshire
It was a few years ago when I was solo camping at Greta Bank Farm in Keswick. I got up before dawn and made my way up the steep side of Latrigg arriving there just as the sun came up.

As I approached the summit I could see flickering lights and could hear a strange sort of quiet rhythmical chanting. I could see a figure bending over these lights chanting what sounded like "Seradim, your time is come" over and over again.

As I came to the top I quietly gave a greeting so as not to startle the person. This failed as a lady, 25ish, looked around and stood up quite shocked to find herself not alone. At this point her lack of attire became quite obvious.

It then became quite surreal as I found myself, clothed in hiking gear, rucksack and boots talking to a naked, unknown lady who was disconcerting at ease chatting to me.

She explained that that day was a significant pagan festival day and she was welcoming one of her gods with the gift of light. The lights had to form a circle and her calling was to show him/her/it that it was welcome to enter it. Her religious name was Amarel, she didn't use any other name.

She offered me a drink of some mixture that she said was magic herbs. I declined. She spent several minutes trying to persuade me to assist her in her ceremony and even offering to dance with me. This I found just too much to take, I made my excuses and bade her a fond farewell heading off towards Lonscale Fell at a much quicker pace.

It was some short time afterwards that I saw her alongside her father, a well know national celebrity, adorning the front page of several papers.

#60091 - 01/03/11 08:55 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: slowcoach]
slowcoach Offline

Should say disconcertingly .... of course ....

#60093 - 01/03/11 11:25 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: slowcoach]
Stottie Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Originally Posted By: slowcoach
She explained that that day was a significant pagan festival day and she was welcoming one of her gods with the gift of light. The lights had to form a circle and her calling was to show him/her/it that it was welcome to enter it. Her religious name was Amarel, she didn't use any other name.

She offered me a drink of some mixture that she said was magic herbs. I declined. She spent several minutes trying to persuade me to assist her in her ceremony and even offering to dance with me. This I found just too much to take, I made my excuses and bade her a fond farewell heading off towards Lonscale Fell at a much quicker pace.

It was some short time afterwards that I saw her alongside her father, a well know national celebrity, adorning the front page of several papers.

Well, slowcoach, I think you are EITHER the god she was summoning up (I have suspected this was so for some time, because nobody else can match the pace of your postings) OR you are a News of the World journalist, choosing your moment to have "made my excuses and left"
Good story anyway, and you're still being very coy about the identity of her dad. Thus I think you are indeed a N of the W journalist, protecting the identity of your sources (or should I say "saucies")
Kind regards and thanks for the story. Makes a change from all the chat about how to walk a LDP when they've clearly never worn a pair of boots and walked a short one.

#60099 - 02/03/11 03:51 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: slowcoach]
Reluctanttrucker Offline

Loc: Earth. Usually,but not exclusi...
Originally Posted By: slowcoach
I once came across the daughter of a well known celebrity (I later found out) who had walked up to the summit of Latrigg to perform some ancient rite as the sun rose. I don't know who got the biggest shock, her seeing someone else there at 4am or me coming upon her ......... (censored)

You did what across her?.......sounds like an X rated post to me.
Yup Mad as hatters.

#60106 - 02/03/11 07:50 PM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: Reluctanttrucker]
slowcoach Offline

Too obscure for me .... I had to ask my wife to explain!

#60109 - 03/03/11 09:54 AM Re: Not my best last 7 days! [Re: slowcoach]
lightweightmick Offline

Well if that don't cheer Dave up, we've nowt to come!
Beats my experience with the strap-a-dick-to-me that one.
I think I'd have been pretty quick to whip my kit off and join in...
Do you think she's grown out of it by now..?

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917