The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1695
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3453 Topics
36015 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61369 - 12/05/11 10:28 PM Re: Southern Upland Way [Re: Slogger]
Stottie Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Originally Posted By: Slogger
Thanks for that Pete, sounds good. Ive been sussing out camping spots using the guidebook and a 30 mile per day (Roughly) schedule. Do you think that is feasible?
Dave.

Yes, Dave, I do think it's feasible, mainly because the climbs are not too steep and long. You'll probably work out the relevance of the bothies from the guidebook, but if you want any hints on camping spots elsewhere just let me know a general area where you might camp and I'll see if my brain (or photo album) can offer any comments.

#61375 - 13/05/11 07:54 AM Re: Southern Upland Way [Re: Stottie]
Sentinel Offline

Stottie,

Many thanks for the reply - and so comprehensive as well! I look forward to reading your write-up as and when becomes available. To be honest, you've made me even more excited at the prospect of doing the SUW than I was when I booked it!

Did you find any of the merks / kists btw?

#61950 - 20/06/11 01:27 PM Re: Southern Upland Way [Re: Sentinel]
flatlands Offline

Me and my mate are thinking of this walk for next year. My mate is going to complete all the National Trails.

#61953 - 20/06/11 01:43 PM Re: Southern Upland Way [Re: flatlands]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
He's going for Gold is he?
The fairly new National Trails register awards Bronze, Silver and Gold for completers that register, according to the number of routes done.
Gold is for completing all of them.
However the list keeps growing so Gold keeps getting further and further away.
Dave.

#62021 - 24/06/11 01:37 PM Re: Southern Upland Way [Re: Sentinel]
Janice & Rottie Offline

Loc: Coniston, Cumbria, UK
Oh I am so sorry Sentinel..it's a bummer isn't it when you have to cancel. I have done a fair bit of cancelling but usually because my dog hasn't been well enough, so I understand the dissappointment and frustration.

I hope you make a full recovery soon.

#62078 - 28/06/11 11:07 AM Re: Southern Upland Way [Re: Janice & Rottie]
Sentinel Offline

I'm hoping my knee will recover within the next 6-8 weeks which means I may be able to have a go at the SUW at the end of August / beginning of September. However, it will be to late to be able to guarantee a B&B for every night so I am thinking of doing it camping - and using a military style basha rather than a tent.

Anyone wild camped camped along the SUW? What was it like?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917