The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36023 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62711 - 04/09/11 09:11 AM Well done Peter
joyce taylor Offline

Loc: byrness village
I had a text yesterday from a fella with his 8 year old boy who had stayed with us a week or so ago on the way South. They were walking the final section of the Pennine Way. They have walked it in sections due to his Dads family commitments they started a couple of years ago so this little fella walked over Cross Fell when he was 6 yrs old. I really enjoyed meeting this well mannered young walker who battled on even when his feet were really sore. Well done Peter Hill
#1 place to stay in Byrness (tripadvisor)

#62714 - 04/09/11 12:14 PM Re: Well done Peter [Re: joyce taylor]
sussamb Offline

Loc: Sussex
Very well done indeed. Hope I'm as capable when I attempt it next year :-)

#62716 - 04/09/11 06:33 PM Re: Well done Peter [Re: joyce taylor]
Stottie Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Joyce

Those inspired by the PW will be forever thrilled by such fabulous anecdotes as yours about the youngster who walked over Cross Fell and completed the PW. And I, knowing the ability of my late father to inspire youngsters to achieve exceptional physical feats, am bound to say that the adult(s) who stimulated and guided this young person deserve our highest praise,

I started on the PW 48 years ago and have been lucky enoughh to walk it three times (I know many have done it more often) and my ambition is to walk it again 50 years after my first N-S experience. The joints aren't finding it easy, but I dearly wish to complete the job about 2 years hence.

Meanwhile, thank you for keeping our fantastic tradition alive.

#62719 - 04/09/11 08:22 PM Re: Well done Peter [Re: Stottie]
slowcoach Offline

Loc: Yorkshire
A great story. We should never underestimate just how much children can achieve with a little bit of encouragement. I really enjoy chatting to parents who are obviously using the countryside as a vehicle for creating mutual family-style enjoyment. On the other hand, far too many parents still persist in dragging their children along totally oblivious to their feelings.

Any parents on here with young children should invest in (or at least borrow) Joseph Bharat Cornell's book "Sharing Nature with Children". A real gem of a book for simple ideas.

#62734 - 05/09/11 04:20 PM Re: Well done Peter [Re: slowcoach]
joyce taylor Offline

Loc: byrness village
Hi Stottie why not do it in 2015 during PW`s golden jubilee year a very fitting tribute.
#1 place to stay in Byrness (tripadvisor)

#62739 - 05/09/11 07:32 PM Re: Well done Peter [Re: joyce taylor]
Slogger Offline

Loc: West Lancs.
Well done that young man, no doubt he will back when he is older too.
Dave.

#62742 - 06/09/11 08:38 AM Re: Well done Peter [Re: joyce taylor]
Stottie Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Originally Posted By: joyce taylor
Hi Stottie why not do it in 2015 during PW`s golden jubilee year a very fitting tribute.

Ha! If I can manage it in 2013 then I might be back later - but it could be busy in its Golden Jubilee year, and I've always been inclined to do things my own way - mother said I was awkward!

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917