The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2884
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1678
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35942 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62818 - 15/09/11 06:40 PM It's all written up
HB Offline

Loc: Norfolk, UK
Hello folks, for those who are interested and those who followed our progress on the West Highland Way walk in May, here is the link to the write up.
http://www.fourwalkers.walkingplaces.co.uk/
Do leave feedback on our guest book, good or bad, we can take it.

Thanks to all of you who followed our progress.
HB

#62819 - 15/09/11 07:39 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: HB]
Harland Online   content

Loc: North Yorkshire
Thanks for that,I really enjoyed the read, it brought back lots of memories. I was much luckier than you with the weather when I did it in 2008. I did enjoy the walk but I do prefer the C2C or the Pennine Way. Next time I think that you need to get in training a bit earlier by drinking a bit more so that you don't need to go to the loo so frequently! Having said that I think rain makes you want to go more often!
Pennine Way 2005&2014; C2C 2006; SWCP 2007; WHW 2008; GGW 2008; Dales Way 2011; Clev.W 2012; Yorkshire W.W. 2012; Offa's Dyke 2013; Peddars Way & Norfolk Coast Path 2014; Pembrokeshire Coast Path 2015: Land's End to John o'Groats in stages 2018.

#62820 - 15/09/11 08:08 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: Harland]
HB Offline

Harland, thank you for that,glad you enjoyed reading of our experiences.

Now I realise it was the rain that made me need the loo and nothing to do with the fact that I drank about 2 litres of water everyday. Jenny didn't drink more than a cupful and Brenda may have managed two cupfulls.

I shall let you guys know what we decide, but being women we will take forever to make up our minds.

#62851 - 16/09/11 05:27 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: HB]
Slogger Online   content

Loc: West Lancs.
Excellent trip report, really enjoyed it too.
Clearly the weather didn't dampen your spirits and you had a great time..
That snow on the Ben didn't last, some of our club runners did the Ben Nevis race last week, they said there was no snow at all on the summit.
Dave.

#62852 - 16/09/11 07:43 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: Slogger]
Gregg Offline

Loc: Cotati, CA, USA
Glad to see you survived the downpours. Your walk should have been titled
"Swimming the WHW". It was a very entertaining read. You three seem to get the most out of a day's walk. Too bad you didn't get up Ben Nevis, but you certainly made the most of extra days with Oban, Malliag and Sky. Kudos to you!

#62854 - 16/09/11 09:53 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: Slogger]
HB Offline

Originally Posted By: Slogger
Excellent trip report, really enjoyed it too.
Clearly the weather didn't dampen your spirits and you had a great time..
That snow on the Ben didn't last, some of our club runners did the Ben Nevis race last week, they said there was no snow at all on the summit.
Dave.

Thanks Slogger, we may go back up to Fort William one of these days.... next year to do the walk up the Ben. Glad you enjoyed the write up

#62855 - 16/09/11 09:55 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: Gregg]
HB Offline

Originally Posted By: Gregg
Glad to see you survived the downpours. Your walk should have been titled
"Swimming the WHW". It was a very entertaining read. You three seem to get the most out of a day's walk. Too bad you didn't get up Ben Nevis, but you certainly made the most of extra days with Oban, Malliag and Sky. Kudos to you!

Gregg, thank you, we did enjoy ourselves but then we always do when we get together, we have just spent the evening together and my poor husband just didn't get our humour at all.

#69704 - 15/03/12 09:39 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: HB]
Old Bill Offline

Loc: London
What a brilliant write up! Very amusing! You coped better with the rain than i would.. fingers crossed for May!

#69841 - 26/03/12 07:21 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: Old Bill]
HB Offline

Originally Posted By: Old Bill
What a brilliant write up! Very amusing! You coped better with the rain than i would.. fingers crossed for May!

Thank you Old Bill, the write up is straight from the heart, we are a mad lot of old gals, nothing dampens our spirits. This year we are thinking of doing the South Downs Way, I just need to organise it!! However, we are off to New Zealand in May, not walking, well perhaps a little.... the walking boots are coming along with the waterproofs and the rucksacks... so maybe we will be walking.

#70276 - 27/04/12 07:37 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: HB]
Old Bill Offline

Loc: London
I'm off on the WHW in a couple of weeks. If i have 1/2 as much fun as you gals i'll be happy :-) and better weather of course!

Have fun where-ever you go, and be sure to write it up!

#70278 - 28/04/12 05:46 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: Old Bill]
westcoasthiker Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
We're off to your side of the pond on monday so I hope your weather is improving. After walking Hadrian's Wall for a warm-up we'll start the WHW on May 14. Let's hope that we don't have repeat weather from what you ladies had.

#70285 - 30/04/12 07:06 AM Re: It's all written up [Re: Old Bill]
HB Offline

Originally Posted By: Old Bill
I'm off on the WHW in a couple of weeks. If i have 1/2 as much fun as you gals i'll be happy :-) and better weather of course!

Have fun where-ever you go, and be sure to write it up!

I do hope that the weather is kinder to you than it was for us, however, it's still an enjoyable walk and the weather doesn't spoil it. Good luck and don't forget to write it up.

#70286 - 30/04/12 07:08 AM Re: It's all written up [Re: westcoasthiker]
HB Offline

Originally Posted By: westcoasthiker
We're off to your side of the pond on monday so I hope your weather is improving. After walking Hadrian's Wall for a warm-up we'll start the WHW on May 14. Let's hope that we don't have repeat weather from what you ladies had.

Are you doing both walks?? You are either really fit, or mad!! The weather here has been rather wet over the last few weeks, but by the time you get moving it will have improved.
Don't forget to write up about your experiences.

#70297 - 30/04/12 10:56 PM Re: It's all written up [Re: HB]
westcoasthiker Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada
Yes we are doing both walks. Not just those two, but gluttons for punishment that we are, after the WHW we are walking the Great Glen Way then on to the Speyside Way. I have been looking at your weather and sure do hope that by the time we start the weather gods are happy and shine down on us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917