Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2631
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1462
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8252 Members
17 Forums
3340 Topics
34937 Posts

Max Online: 234 @ 03/05/12 11:34 AM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63609 - 20/12/11 05:24 PM Re: Snow [Re: tim smith]
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
Ditto ern.

It is so nice to have English speaking people to converse with (that includes Americans and Colonial people as well)....although "English speaking" is stretching it bit..........LOL

Best wishes to everyone for this festive season what ever your faith or political leaning.

How's that for political correctness?

#63614 - 21/12/11 09:45 PM Re: Snow [Re: Oldun]
slowcoach Offline

Loc: Yorkshire
"festive season"

Now you have upset all Jehovah's Witnesses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#63615 - 21/12/11 11:11 PM Re: Snow [Re: slowcoach]
MarkF Offline

Loc: Canberra, ACT, Australia
As an atheist I am quite happy to celebrate anybody's holiday as we don't have one of our own - let the party begin!

I don't see why anybody should have to apologise for their beliefs - even if they involve obscene levels of consumption.

#63618 - 22/12/11 07:47 AM Re: Snow [Re: MarkF]
Oldun Offline

Ok. Let's get down to facts!

When does obscene become obscene?

#63626 - 23/12/11 02:29 PM Re: Snow [Re: Oldun]
slowcoach Offline

......... or significantly reduce an other person's quality of life

#63630 - 23/12/11 09:56 PM Re: Snow [Re: slowcoach]
Oldun Offline

I must admit that during my working life I have had to consume large amounts of raw alcohol in order to get a transaction completed. Many places around the world will not consider talking business until they believe that they have succeeded in fuddling ones brain. It has been necessary to resort to tricks like eating a block of butter and drinking a litre of Kefir to put a lining on the stomach before embarking on an evenings business discussions.

Why is it that a male even in the most backward jungle areas has to prove that he is a "man" by showing that he can drink other males under the table.

I am wondering now how much these previous excesses have shortened my life.

#63664 - 28/12/11 09:32 AM Re: Snow [Re: Oldun]
Oldun Offline

Had a wonderful day yesterday snow-shoeing through the forests up in the hills. As only animals had been through there before me I could follow animal tracks which showed a complete history of what had happened. There were deer, fox, hare and I believe Lynx tracks. Followed a set of fox tracks that were following a hare, which subsequently met up with its cousins. There seemed to have been a group pow wow which had been broken up suddenly by the arrival out of nowhere of a Lynx. The snow was really churned up, peppered with urine and blood. Above the trees the sun was blistering down and sweat was pouring off me, but the wind was at minus 1C so I could not strip off. Today down on the plain there is a blanket of freezing fog with thick frost, so I will have a day indoors painting the bathroom ceiling.

Don't know if anyone reads this rubbish I write down, but it is good to run through thoughts and memories while my brain is waking up.

It was funny in one place yesterday where I was not quite sure whether to go up slope or down. Then I saw where all animals tracks including deer joined together into a solid line. So I followed the flow and came across an ancient stone wall. All the animal tracks went through a gap in the wall then split up to go their own ways. Must have been an animal signpost somewhere giving them directions that I failed to see.

#63674 - 28/12/11 10:26 PM Re: Snow [Re: Oldun]
tim smith Online   content

Loc: england
Hi Oldun,
The rubish you are writing paints a picture, keep on writing.
My walks are all on the flat, it is a case of walking to the wood and round and round to get the milage in.
the walk round the wood is just a mile.
it is a mile from home, yesterday I went twice round to-day I went three times. day dreaming all the time.
Some times i see a grey squirel a few birds, crows, pheasents and wood pidgeon.
I think the dog walkers frighten most things off.
strong westerly wind to-day
All the best for the New Year and keep walking and posting
cheers

#63676 - 28/12/11 11:06 PM Re: Snow [Re: tim smith]
slowcoach Offline

Don't run yourself down Tim. Enjoy every day as I'm sure you do.

I hope I can still match your exploits when I reach your age.

#63677 - 28/12/11 11:10 PM Re: Snow [Re: slowcoach]
slowcoach Offline

PS.Seriously thinking of calling it a day next year. Too many hills to walk with so little time to do them in. Can't let work interfere with it much longer.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

Copyright The Sherpa Van Project, 29 The Green, Richmond, North Yorkshire DL10 4RG. Tel 0871 5200124 Fax (44) 01748 825561