The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36023 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6380 - 28/11/06 08:09 AM Pennine Way as part of LEJOG
Harland Online   content

Loc: North Yorkshire
I found the following on one of the other forums on this site. Having walked the Pennine Way the account of that part of the walk is excellent and worth a read.

"Seems to be a number of questions on walking Lands End to John O Groats, LEJOG.
Distances fitness levels, age ability and so on. Myself and my wife Marilyn walked the big one linking up mostly long distance paths.
Full details and a free e-book can be found at www.ukendtoend.com.

We are Australians who visit the UK regularly on walking holidays. This we agree was the greatest experience you could imagine."
Pennine Way 2005&2014;C2C 2006;SWCP 2007;WHW 2008;GGW 2008; Dales Way 2011;Clev.W 2012;Yorkshire W.W. 2012;Offa's Dyke 2013;Peddars Way & Norfolk Coast Path 2014;Pembrokeshire Coast Path 2015;LEJoG 2018;Camino 2019;2020 NOTHING!2021 Hopefully.

#6381 - 28/11/06 11:02 AM Re: Pennine Way as part of LEJOG
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
Philip&Maralyn
first of all well done on your long walk LEJOG
just been looking at the photo's and that should fire ones imagination to do the walk
it as always been one that i would have liked to walk, but always found excuses
and i admire people that have set their minds up to walk it and got on and walked it . fab photo,s WELL DONE
Regards
ern

#6382 - 29/11/06 12:07 PM Re: Pennine Way as part of LEJOG
Phil Slater Offline

Loc: Australia
Hello Harland
Thank you for your kind words and enthusiasm with our site. Marilyn was the author and I was the photographer. We agree that the Pennines was the most challenging and rewarding once completed. Something we will always cherish...
best wishes
Phil Slater
Quote:
Originally posted by Harland:
I found the following on one of the other forums on this site. Having walked the Pennine Way the account of that part of the walk is excellent and worth a read.

"Seems to be a number of questions on walking Lands End to John O Groats, LEJOG.
Distances fitness levels, age ability and so on. Myself and my wife Marilyn walked the big one linking up mostly long distance paths.
Full details and a free e-book can be found at www.ukendtoend.com.

We are Australians who visit the UK regularly on walking holidays. This we agree was the greatest experience you could imagine."

#6383 - 04/12/06 01:11 PM Re: Pennine Way as part of LEJOG
Grumps Offline

Loc: UK
Phil & Marylin

I have nearly finished reading your journal but one questions is bothering me, "when did you start at LE". Cos you seem to have had an awful lot of rain, snow and hail. I know its Britain but I reading it I did feel sorry for you.

#6384 - 27/12/06 11:00 AM Re: Pennine Way as part of LEJOG
Phil Slater Offline

Loc: Australia
I have nearly finished reading your journal but one questions is bothering me, "when did you start at LE". Cos you seem to have had an awful lot of rain, snow and hail. I know its Britain but I reading it I did feel sorry for you.

Hi Grumps,
Hope you enjoyed the read..we left Australia and commenced at Lands End April Ist 1998, this was pre Global warming when Britain experienced its wettest April for 50 Years, dont you yearn for those days again !!! Never mind if its not Cricket ooops sorry
best wishes Phil Slater

#6385 - 29/12/06 02:07 PM Re: Pennine Way as part of LEJOG
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
I Phil,
it's not cricket, it's walking
i think that our cricket team have been resting on their laurels since last year to long,
unless they are like me once they have achieved some thing,once will do.
i am getting lazy put on to much weight
maybe they did the same.
you can't take it away from the Aussies though, they have done well
best wishes for the new year to you both
ern

[This message has been edited by tim smith (edited 29 December 2006).]

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917