Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2630
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1462
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8252 Members
17 Forums
3337 Topics
34924 Posts

Max Online: 234 @ 03/05/12 11:34 AM
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64009 - 06/02/12 01:22 PM Re: Snow [Re: Les + Heidi]
slowcoach Offline

Loc: Yorkshire
The picture in yesterdays Sunday Times was amazing. A lone walker on the Cumbrian Pennines passing some fencing covered almost entirely in wind-blown ice and snow. Made me want to leave work and go and find out where it was taken!

#64128 - 14/02/12 07:41 AM Re: Snow [Re: slowcoach]
Oldun Offline

Loc: Renens, Vaud, Switzerland
We are told this morning that the great freeze is over and today will be a summery -2C. Be nice to see the sun again and open the shutters. A local lake ( Lac de Joux) has ice 30cm thick and over the weekend there were 7000 people skating on it. My fish pond is one solid block of ice and I can see the fish in hibernation deep down. All plants look a sorry sight, but it always amazes me how they keep returning each year after being eaten by the frost.

With the sunlight this morning I can see where I fell down the stairs the other week and where I should clean the dried blood off the wall. Head is healed up pretty good and is now itchy back to good health.

Must now think about walking again, but will leave it a little while until the hills get above minus degrees. They now tell us to make use of the sunshine this morning as it will start snowing tonight owing to the warmer weather.

Well.....you can't win them all !

#64133 - 14/02/12 09:07 AM Re: Snow [Re: Oldun]
tim smith Offline

Loc: england
Oldun,
good to hear you are getting back to good health.
bit of snow we had is going now.
the great Granddaughter was busy making snow men in the garden yesterday,
they make you smile, one was a mammy one , one a daddy one, one was smaller one, their child, and then she made a large ball and stuck it on the mammy one and that was baby in the mammy's tummy

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

Copyright The Sherpa Van Project, 29 The Green, Richmond, North Yorkshire DL10 4RG. Tel 0871 5200124 Fax (44) 01748 825561