Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2631
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1462
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8252 Members
17 Forums
3340 Topics
34937 Posts

Max Online: 234 @ 03/05/12 11:34 AM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#69753 - 20/03/12 03:02 PM Clothing for an Easter week walk?
iPlod Offline

I know no one can predict the exact weather, but in general, what might a walker expect weatherwise, hiking the entire Wall during the first week of April? Of course I have a full set of waterproofs, and sturdy boots, but was wondering about amounts of fleeces and base layers for this trip. Wondering if I should pack a fleece cap and gloves, or leave them? Definitely trying to keep pack weight down!

Are you having an unseasonably warm spring there, like we are in the Eastern US?

#69821 - 24/03/12 11:04 PM Re: Clothing for an Easter week walk? [Re: iPlod]
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
Hi there, love the ID...
Yes spring is promising (20-25 degs this last week in Debyshire) but things change rapidly here - pack the fleece hat by all means but I'd leave the gloves in April. You can experience all the seasons in the space of an hour or two (or less) from hail to brilliant sunshine, from being too hot to a chilling wind. But, when moving, a windproof is usually adequate I find. I you plan to stand and stare by all means pack a light fleece,
hope this is of help,
cheers
lwm

#70019 - 07/04/12 09:53 PM Re: Clothing for an Easter week walk? [Re: lightweightmick]
tonyk Offline

Loc: UK
Gloves should be an essential part of anyone's kit all year round.I have been thankful for them in the Pennines in July.Rain and high winds will soon chill your hands to the bone and leave you feeling chilled.

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

Copyright The Sherpa Van Project, 29 The Green, Richmond, North Yorkshire DL10 4RG. Tel 0871 5200124 Fax (44) 01748 825561