The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2884
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1679
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8254 Members
17 Forums
3451 Topics
35943 Posts

Max Online: 257 @ 05/10/16 05:36 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#78539 - 02/03/13 02:03 PM Re: Food and campsites [Re: Harland]
lightweightmick Offline

Loc: North Derbyshire UK
Harland, Merrill was raising money for charity (around 500,000 for RNIB as I recall) and, as a consequence, had a lot of support from Rotary Club members enroute. But it's a long time since I read that book to be fair. This may be the reason he doesn't detail much of his accommodation specifically though..?

#406255 - 17/02/14 10:38 PM Re: Food and campsites [Re: Geo]
Geo Offline

Loc: Oamaru, New Zealand
Bit of a late update. Completed the hike and found there was no problem finding 'wild camping' along the Pembrokeshire section. Actually found that was basically the case all of the way along the Wales Coastal Path.
My four 'non wild camps' in Pembrokeshire were...

Hampton House B&B run by Chris and Viv Prior (most thoroughly recommended!)at Trefin. Clean, quiet,comfortable, friendly and excellent breakfast. This is almost next door to the hostel at Trefin, which turned out to be full at the time.

Sandy Haven Campground (about 4 miles from Milford Haven)
Fairly basic with no store but a welcome haven after a long day and a long cold wait awaiting a tidal drop to use stepping stones to access the area. Ground looked like it could be a bit sloping for tent pitches in places but my spot was ok.

Manorbier YHA at Lydstep. Clean, with good meals (albeit small ones!)and facilities.

Llangain Campground (adjacent to old church not too far from pub)
Pleasant spot, quiet. Maybe a tad expensive for a tent pitch at ten quid?

Pembrokeshire, as expected was a 'highlight' section along with Anglesey, Lleyn Peninsula and the Gower.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: info@sherpavan.com

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917