The Sherpa Van Project Baggage Moving Service Accommodation booking service Sherpa Van Home Choose which trail you want to follow Sherpa Van Home Sherpa Van Shop Sherpa Van Message Board Contact us About the Sherpa Van Project
Advertising

Coast to Coast and other paths booking now!

Daily Dales Way Passenger Service

Baggage and Accommodation Booking Services for Walking Holidays in Britain - Now Booking!

Top Posters
Slogger 2893
Lounge Lizard 2013
slowcoach 1925
Oldun 1750
lightweightmick 1697
Find Us On Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Meet other Sherpa Van Forum members on Facebook
Forum Stats
8273 Members
17 Forums
3454 Topics
36021 Posts

Max Online: 290 @ 18/04/20 08:00 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#901 - 17/07/06 06:36 PM Just Finished!!!
Kite21 Offline

Loc: Chester, UK
Well, we've got a Look Who's Walking/just started page...so I thought we needed a 'Just finished' thread!

I finished on 12 July...my feet are just about recovered...boy it was HOT!!!

Anyway, I thought we could use this thread for hints/tips/comments and the like.

Anyone who wants to post a blog/log/diary should consider adding it to Lone Walker's webpage at http://www.walkingplaces.co.uk/links.htm

#902 - 17/07/06 08:17 PM Re: Just Finished!!!
Nimrod Offline

Loc: Billingham,Cleveland
Well done,Kite21. It is hot,very hot - in fact too damned hot. Anyway,well done again.
Nimrod

#903 - 08/08/06 10:15 PM Re: Just Finished!!!
trixiegirl Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Kite21
Congratulations! I finished the day after you, Lesley & Rob (my dog) it was amazing my first C2C and I hope not my last I met some wonderful people, a wonderful group of girls (16yr olds) who looked out for me til Richmond where I had to put an extra day in due to an infected toe (painful!) a couple of american girls, Anne-Marie and Ruth-Anne to mention just a couple, a couple from Singapore who were aiming to finish on the 12th also. I'm still on a high, working on my journal which I am going to post.

#904 - 12/08/06 02:57 PM Re: Just Finished!!!
Heatha Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Finished August 7th but only just really got home. Cassie and I (Cassie is the dog for anyone who doesn't already know) had a great walk. Apart from 36C through the Lakes and horizontal rain from Nine Standards to Reeth the weather was kind. Would go again any day given the time. Met some outstanding people and just regret not having exactly the same time schedule at the end of the walk as the others. However, I've seen the photos! Thanks Sid!

#905 - 16/08/06 12:39 PM Re: Just Finished!!!
dannidave Offline

We just finished yesterday to a combination of relief and joy, both thoroughly glad to have done it. There were a couple of major observations we had, first off although realising that camping and carrying all of of equipment would obviously make the walk more challenging we did not quite appreciate how much of a difference it would make. We walked the majority of the walk with our backpacks and camped all the way up until a bit of a disaster on our 3rd to last night caused a rethink. We had our bags picked up by family and did the last 2 days with just a day bag and stayed in B + Bs , it was a totally different experience and felt like we could have completed the walk at a canter if we had done that all the way. The second main impression was that we were expecting to meet several other coast to coasters along the way however we only encountered other c to c walkers on 1 day and only at 2 campsites on our 15 day trip!

Moderator:  justin, noj 

Home  Baggage Service   Accommodation Booking  Trail Planning   Useful Links   Book Store   About Us

E-Mail: [email protected]

© Sherpa Van, 1b Osiers Road, London, SW18 1NL. Registered No: 3179698. T: 01748 826917