Walked from Trevor to Prestatyn on the ODP from 28-30 June and having just finished can honestly say - stay away!!!!!! Everything went right for us in that Trevor to Llanarmon was glorious sunshine, The Clwydian Hills were overcast and Bodfari to Prestatyn was sunshine - any hotter on any day may have killed me and at least one of my two fully laden rucksacked amigos - bearing in mind that we had 3 litres each of water and drunk the lot on each day and had nowhere to replenish en-route. The Hills apart this walk seems to have been cobbled together in some tourist office somewhere with the sole intention of taking walkers away from villages, over as many stiles, through as many fields and with as many climbs as possible. And did I mention the miles and miles of walking on roads? Or the fields? Or the stiles? Truly dreadful. A Welsh welcome was invisible at the few pubs we saw on the way (Exception being the Downing Arms and Rosie the fantastic barmaid)and we met (Count 'em) 14 people on the way along with 3 people atacking wild dogs.
I'm becoming delirious now - but the final stretch into Prestatyn defies belief. Clim up about 50,000 feet into the hills for no reason at all, then descend steeply to a mian road with no path - then walk a mile down the High Street which now is full of nail bars, chip shops, cheap souvenirs and hooligans. Stay away from Prestatyn and steer clear of the Offa's Dyke Path at all costs.