Just finished the Wales Coastal Path I'd previously been enquiring about here. 870 miles, 45 days. Quite an experience with some good scenery and some good folk met along the way. The daily mileage I'd set myself made it a bit of a grind - 10mpd would have been far better than 20mpd, but then the clock beats you and you run out of time!
First three weeks were a bit brutal with the high temperatures that you had (high 20's, 30's) and dehydrating was touching the serious side at times. It was during the period that those three soldiers died from dehydration in the Brecon Beacons.
Highlights would have been, Anglesey, Lleyn Peninsula and the Pembrokeshire coast. The latter being a test of stamina as it ducked down into and up out of every cove along the way.
Great scenery there, although I even liked the industrial south (Port Talbot, Margam etc) not only for its complete difference but in no small way because of the folk I came into contact with. Was in a cafe where a chap rang up his mate who came in by car to describe to me the way to get to a river crossing that didn't entail the huge inland detour that was temporarily in place. Helpful beyond the call of duty! smile
Overall the hike was an experience I'm glad to have had - though I won't be doing it again!
George.