Nothing to do with walking, just venting my frustration here!
Filling up my van at the service station today, I spotted a guy and his wife that I used to be neighbors with.
Ive not seen them for year or so, but last time I did they invited us round to theirs, 'anytime'.
Well there was never going to be 'anytime', as I can't stand the sight of them, in fact when I do see them, I feel almost physically sick.
We got on quite well when we were neighbors, but after My business had been going 5 years we got our own place and moved house.
It's a long story, but basically they had been fiddling the benefit system for years, because they were 'entitled'
After fleeing the country twice to escape their debts, getting caught twice working whilst on benefit. Not worked except casually for the last 35 years and not at all for the last 20. They now live in a charity owned house and pay 5.. a month in rent, but that is more than covered by the monthly grant that every resident receives.
They drive a new large car, under the governments 'mobility' scheme after successfully suing a local hospital, following knee surgery. (just an act, nothing wrong with his knee)
Not paid a penny in tax since leaving the army 35 years ago.
How do they do it???
This guy is 63 years now, and although I can't stand the sight of him, Ive got to hand it to him, he's no shame in having worked the system and won, he's proved that it really does not pay to work hard and pay taxes, when one can get away with being bone idle, and cheat and lie your way through life.
Dave.